- 8 January 2013
This is the time of year when we all are full of good intentions and well meaning plans! Here few little tips to stick with them…
- Be realistic and precise. Have a tangible goal.
- Write your goal down, short, medium and long term.
- One step at a time! Concentrate on your short term goal first.
- Be positive! Don’t listen to your negative voices that sabotage your plans.
- Don’t go ‘too hard and too fast’. Regularity for progression is key.
- Don’t give up! If you do, start again. You have lost a battle not the war.
- Don’t procrastinate!
- Make a list of the rewards to inspire you.
- Find a buddy. You can support each other. You don’t have to have the same plan.
- Have fun doing it! It doesn’t have to be punishing…
- Find the right type for you being exercise, diet or hobby.
- In doubt, talk to an expert. It is okay to get help.
I’m going to learn Italian! I need to know the basics by June… It is a realistic goal. I’ve set aside a weekly time slot for studying and intend to join a beginners conversation class after Easter. Ciao!